Picture courtesy of Taste of home
Breakfast food are a favorite of mine. I could eat "breakfast" any time of the day....which is usually around lunch time! Our standard breakfast is usually scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, and white rice. While searching for some new breakfast ideas I came across Eggnog French Toast. I am not a fan of eggnog, but I am going to try this to see how it comes out.
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 20 to 26 slices English muffin bread
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Maple syrup
- In a bowl, beat eggs, eggnog, sugar and extract; soak bread for 2 minutes per side. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Serve with syrup. Yield: 8-10 servings.